Senior Director, Incentive Plan Design Team
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Incentive Plan Design Team
Are you interested in joining a team of HR compensation leaders who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? Here at Capital One we bring a data-driven and strategic approach to compensation. If you have a passion for blending HR with analytics and want to be part of a winning team, then this is the job for you!
We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one's contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded. Capital One provides an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
As the Senior Director of the new Incentive Plan Design for Compensation, you will report to the Vice President of Corporate Compensation and be responsible for consulting with Compensation peers, business leaders, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management and other stakeholders in the design of incentive plans. You will lead a new team in establishing standards for line of business incentive plans that meet internal and external requirements while driving business results for the lines of business. You will also partner heavily with leaders across the enterprise to ensure incentive plans are designed to achieve business results while balancing risk to the organization and promoting a positive customer experience.
The regulatory environment surrounding incentive compensation is a key driver in how we manage our incentive plans and you will have a keen understanding and appreciation for the importance of being well managed in designing and executing incentive plans. You will be the ultimate decision maker in approving new incentive plans and well as modifications to existing plans. Your focus will be on ensuring appropriate plan design by developing standards, interaction models and monitoring to ensure we are compliant. You will have the opportunity to influence plan design, business decision makers and risk partners in driving effective plan design. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable navigating those complexities and develop an interaction model that brings to bear the various and potentially competing perspectives to come to consensus. The ideal candidate will be extremely analytical and strategic, and comfortable blending those two often conflicting dynamics. The ideal candidate should also have excellent written communication skills to convey complex information to the intended audience in an easily understood manner.
- Lead team in establishing design standards & monitoring plan
- Consult on incentive plan design to ensure plans are appropriately risk balanced and meet internal standards for effective plan design
- Approve requests for new incentive plans, plan amendments & exceptions
- Lead team in establishing assessment tools, lead review of existing plans and drive necessary changes
- Design consulting across all variable pay programs
- Provide horizontal perspective across COF of LOB incentives to HR senior leaders
- Develop model for and lead interaction with second line of defense stakeholders
- Partner with ERM and line of business Compensation Consultants to complete incentive plan risk assessments
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in compensation, at least 7 years of experience in finance, at least 7 years of experience in operations, at least 7 years of experience in consulting or a combination
- At least 5 year of experience working with large data sets to extract situational information and provide analysis and insights on the data
- At least 5 years of project or program management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a client facing role
- At least 5 years of people management experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Human Resources
- CCP - Certified Compensation Professional
- PHR or SPHR
- 10 years of experience in compensation, finance, accounting, operations, or consulting
- 7 years of experience in client facing or consulting roles
- 7 years of experience with excel
- 5 years of experience designing incentive plans
- Process improvement or program enhancement experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top