Senior Director, Digital Marketing Strategy - Card
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Digital Marketing Strategy - Card
Capital One is seeking a tenured leader as Senior Director for the Card Digital Marketing team. In this exciting role, you will lead marketing activities for our Credit Card business focused on acquiring new customers through various digital media. The Senior Director will have end-to-end ownership from strategic agenda to flawless execution of digital marketing. S/he will also be responsible for developing, coaching and motivating a large cross functional team of over 100 people including Analysts, Brand, Creative, Technology, and a virtual team of agency and internal partners.
The Senior Director will embrace and embody the values of the Capital One organization, partner seamlessly with internal and external partners to deliver outstanding results. S/he will thrive working in a high-performing, analytical environment that encourages creativity and risk-taking.
The Senior Director will report to the VP of Digital Marketing and will serve on the leadership team of the Marketing organization. Other key relationships will include the senior management team of the card business and other senior executives in Capital One’s other lines of business, corporate strategy, digital labs, technology, risk and legal teams
- Lead all digital marketing for new credit card acquisitions across existing and emerging channels
- Manage nine-figure marketing budget with a focus on maximizing ROI and Brand equities
- Develop and lead high performing cross functional teams of 10-15 direct reports and 100+ matrixed partners (Analyst, Brand, Creative, Operations, Legal, Technology) to manage marketing programs
- Collaborate across Capital One to uncover, initiate and lead innovative marketing opportunities
- Work with product managers on strategic brand and business-building initiatives and investments across customer segments, products and channels
- Harness targeted insights to design and develop new customer experiences, breakthrough technology, and concepts for our broader go-to-market strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in direct to consumer marketing (B2C) with at least 4 years in digital marketing
- At least 4 years of experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Marketing, Communications or Business
- Master’s degree
- At least 10 years of experience in direct marketing and Brand management in a Business to Consumer (B2C) environment
- At least 5 years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on direct response
- At least 6 years of demonstrated leadership experience in building and managing teams
- At least 4 years of proven leadership of large brands and complex portfolio and channel strategies
- At least 3 years of work experience in retail or at least 3 years of work experience in technology or at least 3 years of work experience in financial services
- At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top