Senior DevOps Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and dedicated DevOps Engineer who is passionate about cutting-edge distributed cloud computing.
This role will support end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience moving large scale data and applications to the Cloud and can lead innovative projects to design, develop, architect and support our digital platforms on AWS.
- Contributing to all aspects of service delivery, including participation in the service readiness process to validate that all required conditions of satisfaction are met prior to project rollout.
- Automating build-test-deploy lifecycle for wide variety of applications / services
- Enhancing platform services via Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Participating with Architecture, Operations and Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes
- Defining, escalating, and resolving all technical issues in an organized, efficient, and professional fashion
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience developing applications embracing Agile principles
- At least 3 years of experience with collaborative version control systems (e.g. git / GitHub / Subversion)
- At least 2 years of experience with a standard CI platform (e.g. Hudson / Jenkins / CircleCI)
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS infrastructure-as-code practices (e.g. via CloudFormation / Terraform)
- At least 1 year of experience with SQL-based database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- 3 years of experience developing applications embracing Agile principles
- 4 years of experience with collaborative version control systems (e.g. git / GitHub / Subversion)
- 3 years of experience with a standard CI platform (e.g. Hudson / Jenkins / CircleCI)
- 3 years of experience with Unix systems and scripting (e.g. Bash)
- 2 years of experience with AWS infrastructure-as-code practices (e.g. via CloudFormation / Terraform)
- 3 years of experience with SQL-based database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- 2 years of experience with automated testing techniques / methodologies (e.g. ATDD, TDD, BDD)
- Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional)
- Mastery of multiple programming languages (e.g. Python, Scala, Java)
- Knowledge of automated deployment/installation and upgrades of Commercial-off-the-Shelf Applications, including automated testing thereof
- Amazon AWS Certified Developer or Solutions Architect (Associate)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top