Senior DevOps Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One you will be:
- Working within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications in a production cloud environment.
- Designing and implementing appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influencing other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Redesigning legacy applications for Cloud implementation.
- Automating the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Chef or Ansible, and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Designing and developing automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Providing on-call support and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Representing production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identifying reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Coordinating approves, and/or performs changes to the production environment
Frequent technologies used in this role include: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Linux Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, and Jenkins.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience implementing automated environment delivery and developing automation workflows and routines
- At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery
- At least 1 year of experience with web services architecture
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud based hosting solutions
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Certified AWS Architect
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile Development practices.
- Experience with Deployment Management tools such as: Chef, Anisble or Puppet
- 2+ years of Production Support experience in Unix and Windows environments
- 2+ years of experience with Linux server automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience with Container technology using Docker
- 2+ years of experience with OOP scripting languages and frameworks
- 2+ years of database experience with Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- 2+ years of experience with HP monitoring and automation tools such as: Sitescope, Diagnostics, Service Manager, Operations Orchestration, or Server Automation
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring tools such as: Splunk or Zabb
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top