Senior DevOps engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior DevOps engineer
Are you a Dev Ops professional with experience or interested in Identity and Access Management? Perhaps a security professional with strong Cloud, OS, Database or Application background who has passion, and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid and dynamic environment? Capital One is looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience in driving CI/CD/CT strategy and implementation in cloud environment.
- Owning all aspects of service delivery-including participation in the service readiness process to validate that all required conditions of satisfaction are met prior to project rollout.
- Environment and development management, repository build out and maintenance, and Cloud migration.
- Automating builds, scripting deployments.
- Introducing best practices within tech stack.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience developing applications embracing Agile principles
- At least 2 year of experience with a formal version control tool (Subversion, Git, TFS, or ClearCase)
- At least 2 years of experience with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support
- At least 2 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- At least 3 years of CI (Continuous Integration) experience
- At least 2 years of CD (Continuous Deployment) and monitoring experience
- At least 3 years of experience working build and deployment automation through Jenkins
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) provisioning and monitoring.
- At least 2 years of experience with Infrastructure automation like Chef, or Ansible
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- AWS Certified
- 1+ year of experience with Jenkins Pipeline
- 3+ years of experience with Artifactory or Nexus
- 3+ years creating recipes with Chef, building cookbooks, Ansible
- 3 years of experience with Maven
- 3+ years using cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- 3 + years with automation tools for server provisioning and Open Source tools (Ansible, Cobbler, Ironic, Chef and Chef Metal)
- 3+ years developing automation workflows and routines, using Open Source Tools (Chef, Puppet, Hudson), or Vendor Based Tools (HPSA/OO, vCAC, uDeploy)
- 3+ years' experience with large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high-availability concepts)
- 3+ years' experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
- 3 years' experience with programming languages like Java
- 2+ years' experience with current licensing strategies around Open Source (Apache Foundation, GNU, MIT License)
- 2+ years of production environment monitoring and alerting using tools like Zabbix, Splunk
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top