Senior DevOps Engineer
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Do you have an unstoppable drive and desire to automate everything? Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Devops Engineers who are passionate about automation to join our team!
What will you work on as a Capital One Devops Engineer? You will drive design, implementation, testing, and release in an Agile environment, all while using modern methodologies and open source tools. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you will lead your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, all while learning and growing your skills. Most importantly, you'll work and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
- Drive the team to automate everything
- Build, deploy and monitor software projects continuously with CI Tools like Hudson/uDeploy or similar
- Create and maintain build scripts for Java applications with tools like Maven, Gradle, or similar
- Create and maintain deployment scripts of Java/J2EE Applications to any Application Server
- Configure and administer git source code repositories
- Create and maintain infrastructure as code using Chef, Puppet, CloudFormations, or similar
- Pilot and implement new and emerging CI/CD/Devops technologies
- Courageous. Big, undefined problems excite you!
- You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you've shipped and what's flopped.
- You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex DevOps challenges and helping the entire team meet its commitments.
- You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering extraordinary solutions.
- You love learning new technologies and mentoring more junior developers.
- Humor and fun are a natural part of your flow.
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience with CI/CD
- At least 2 years of professional experience programming in java
- At least 2 years of experience with Linux Shell scripting
- At least 2 years of experience with git repository administration
- 3+ years of experience with Configuration Management frameworks
- 1+ years of experience working in an AWS cloud environment
- 1+ years of experience using Docker
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top