Senior Data Software Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Software Engineer
We are currently hiring for a Senior Data Software Engineer for our Intelligent Assistants team. Our team DNA is that of a startup, but we have enterprise support. You won't just be executing a mile-long backlog of tickets - you'll be coming up with new ways to make Capital One successful!
As a core member of our technical team, you'll work on the back-end and data processing pipeline of AI/Machine Learning research and technologies.
What you'll work on:
- Microservices built for scaling
- Scheduled services for data syncs from 3rd party APIs (OAuth + REST)
- Data processing and aggregation
- Data streaming and publish-subscribe systems (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience building production applications in AWS
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile or Scrum processes and ceremonies
- At least 1 year of experience working with product stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience with functional programming in Clojure or Haskell or Scala
- 1+ year of experience with Data Engineering
- 1+ year of experience with building microservices
- 1+ year of experience with containers such as Docker
- Experience with error handling
- Experience with persisting data (RDBMS / NoSQL)
- Experience with encryption best practices
- Experience with DevOps and Jenkins
- Experience with stream processing systems (Flink, Kafka Streams, etc)
- Experience with data format definition (json schemas, etc)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top