Senior Data Engineer
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you will be part of an Agile or platform team where you will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers.
You will have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology.
At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To tame it all we're using tools like Spark, Scala, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB etc. - and we're on the look-out for anything else that will help us.
What we have:
Flexible work schedules
Convenient office locations
Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience using Java, Python or Scala
- At least 1 years' experience leveraging services in AWS environment
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix or Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines, ETL solutions and storage of data
- At least 1 year of experience with loading and managing data using technologies such as Spark, Scala, NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) and also columnar MPP SQL stores (Redshift, Vertica)
- Master's Degree
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- 2+ years of experience with Spark, Scala, Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience with Spark Streaming, Storm or RabbitMQ
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top