Senior Data Engineer
- Vienna, VA
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients and data is at the center of everything we do. We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
Are you a high performer passionate about building production-quality applications using open source tools and native AWS services? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies to mine the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) at Capital One for insights. The data we wrangle, publish and query informs policy and improves our risk posture. The work impacts hundreds of delivery teams and thousands of engineers across the enterprise. It is the foundation to our success as a technology company.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer who thrives in collaborative teams and is comfortable mentoring others. This individual will be joining an agile team to build the next wave of data capabilities for the SDLC organization.
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business Customers
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down data issues and resolve them
- Build robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Utilize a working knowledge of multiple development languages
- Drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience with Java, Scala or Python.
- At least 1 year of experience with SQL or NoSQL implementation.
- 1+ years of experience in a Cloud environment
- 1+ years of experience with Unix or Linux systems
- 1+ years of experience with Data Warehouse tools
- AWS certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top