Senior Data Engineer
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities. The ideal candidate would be a driven change agent, leading innovation in data, analytics and machine learning.
- Create and maintain secure and reliable systems using reusable components
- Propose, design, test and implement reusable and reliable data solutions
- Possess broad overview of databases, operating systems, networking, software development, security and devops
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to integrate and automate systems
- Conduct proof-of-concepts on new technologies
- Perform tuning and operational troubleshooting
- Focus on simplicity, standardization, automation, self-service and reuse
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in data engineering
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS)
- At least 2 years of experience with Elasticsearch, Spark, Python, Postgres, Redshift, ETL and shell-scripting
- At least 2 years of experience with web development and CICD tools and processes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top