Senior Data Engineer
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
- You will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Hadoop and streaming data hub
- You will build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
- You will transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud Production environments
- You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and NoSQL
You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business Customers
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down data issues and resolve them
- You will build robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Utilize a working knowledge of multiple development languages
- Drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
What we have:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Monthly Innovation
- Days dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 of years in coding in data management, data warehousing or unstructured data environments
- At least 3 years of experience with big data technologies
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with leading big data technologies like Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, Zookeeper
- 3+ years experience with Agile engineering practices
- 3+ years in-depth experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Hbase)
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
- 3+ years experience developing Java based software solutions
- 3+ years experience developing software solutions to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- 3+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- 3+ years experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top