Senior Data Engineer
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
We are seeking a leader to help build Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
On any given day you will:
- Provide guidance to business and tech partners on best methods to engineer data processes
- Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery
- Develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Java, Postgres, Python, Angular JS, and NoSQL
- Engineer capabilities and pipelines for big data and machine learning solutions
- Work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Lead and engineer sustainable data driven solutions with current new data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Recruit, manage, and retain a team of talented engineers
- Influence peer teams and leadership to ensure our technology culture is one where engineers proudly do their best work every day
- Raise the bar for technical excellence
- Master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Understand complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of backend software engineering experience
- At least 1 year of experience in cloud technologies AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of machine learning experience
- 3+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
- 3+ years of experience with the Big Data stack EMR, Spark, Databricks
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top