Senior Data Engineer
Voyager (94001), India, Bangalore, Karnataka
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
In Capital One India, you will get exposure to the latest open source technologies that form the basis of world class analytical solutions and products developed in our DataLabs in Bengaluru. These technologies are focused on data management, application development and data visualization. This is an exciting opportunity that sits at the intersection of data driven analytics, design and technology.
The candidate should have:
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support
- Knowledge and experience in big data programming languages: Java, SPARK and Scala
- Hands-on experience on cloud distributed environment using big data
- Experience in DevOps practices like - CICD, Resiliency, cluster management, etc.
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience in software development lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills and skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Managed technology in projects and providing technical guidance / solutions for work completion
- Executed the development pipeline and delivery of the software products to QA, and ultimately Production
- Work closely with the functional team and translate both project goals and customer feedback into Epics and Stories, which can be worked in an agile manner
- Ensure adherence of process compliance and quality standards
- Responsible for code review, debugging, production deployment and follow coding best practices
- Manage timelines and resources (internal and external)
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top