Senior Data Analysis Associate
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Analysis Associate
Senior Data Analysis Associate position with Capital One, National Association in Plano, TX; Multiple positions available:
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative analysis of econometric data, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Maintain data infrastructure and develop scripts for regular processes.
- Analyze data analysis requests obtained from management to determine operational problems and define data modeling requirements, validation of content, and problem solving parameters.
- Utilize programming and analytical tools including SAS, SQL, Teradata or similar relational database tool, and Unix to formulate mathematical or simulation models and perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Communicate and present data to management by developing reports.
The position requires a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related quantitative analytical field and 3 years of experience in job offered or econometric data analysis. Said or other experience must include at least 6 months of experience in: quantitative and qualitative analysis; data modeling; developing reports; Teradata or similar relational database tool; SQL; SAS; Unix programming. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company's assessment.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top