Senior Customer Service Representative
ME Portland-One Monument Sq (25006), United States of America, PORTLAND, Maine
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Customer Service Representative
Senior Customer Service Representatives act as the day-to-day point of contact providing excellent service and support to our Dealer and Contractor customers. On a daily basis, Senior Customer Service Representatives will interact with customers to answer questions, fulfill requests, and solve problems. Maintaining strong customer relationships is critical to our success, and, thus, we strive to enable and empower our employees to do just that. As in any service environment, a service professional must balance many tasks, including service levels and productivity, but it is the quality of interaction with our customers that we recognize to differentiate our service team and individuals. To do so, we seek talented, enthusiastic individuals who will contribute positively to both external customers and our workplace environment.
Senior Customer Service Representatives responsibilities at encompass a broad range of customer support functions, providing task variety and exposure to many different aspects of the company. CSRs primarily service the customer through inbound phone and email, but also support outbound calls, particularly as follow-up to customer inquiries/issues.
As you build your knowledge and proficiency, there are opportunities for additional responsibilities and project work.
Specific tasks include:
- Effectively represent the offerings, role, and benefits to customers
- Ability to successfully accomplish all account configuration and maintenance activities in BITS
- Accurately, thoroughly research and respond to all billing/invoice inquiries and information delivery to merchants and contractors
- Accurately identify and resolve billing/product disputes
- Support customer & merchant inquiries for all offerings and all programs
- Research and respond to credit line/availability questions/requests
- Be able to educate customers on the set-up, use and benefits of their online web account
- Problem resolution and escalation
- Support of all programs and customers
- Support of both phone and email work-types
- Work effectively without close supervision with few or no mistakes
- Independently multi-task between phone and email work types with attention to department goals
- Independently complete an assigned customer service projects when requested
- Work with peers to teach or learn Customer Service processes and procedures
- Act as a 'back-up' for other team members for assigned tasks or projects
- Cover rotating schedule of various tasks, including scanning, credit card processing or others, at their designated station/location
- Assist in administrative tasks
- Maintain minimum team and individual performance goals for Productivity and Quality
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily.
- As importantly, individual must be a "people person" who enjoys interacting with and helping internal and external customers
- Strong business communication skills - oral and written
- High energy level and self-motivation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Calm, cheerful, positive attitude with demonstrated team spirit.
- Ability to work accurately with figures.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Proficient with MS Office and Outlook
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years Customer Service experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top