Senior Consumer PR Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Consumer PR Manager
Do you have great executive presence and thrive on executing multi-dimensional integrated communication campaigns? Capital One is looking for a senior PR professional with experience in driving integrated communications strategy and executing leading-edge consumer facing campaigns to support the US Card products and services.
Senior Consumer PR Manager
We are looking for an energetic and intuitive Senior Manager, a PR strategist with exceptional leadership and external communication skills especially leading integrated large scale consumer PR campaigns. The responsibilities of this role will be focused on understanding the US Card business and its consumer card product objectives and establishing a proactive external communications program that promotes them. The senior manager will be dedicated to developing proactive, integrated communications programming spanning traditional and social media with a strong focus on media relations, influencer marketing, content creation, distribution and analytics.
This role requires a deep understanding of media relations, fluency around our content marketing and a strategic mind who can take data and insights to create meaningful PR campaigns. The role will work very closely with a variety of internal stakeholders and partners across the company, creating meaningful integrated campaigns that build awareness and consideration.
The Sr. Manager will develop and drive external communications programs leveraging consumer insights, from ideation to execution and measurement, and provide ongoing public relations counsel to key internal and external audiences promoting Capital One's US Card products and suite of digital tools. Proven ability to identify new opportunities and deliver effective strategies, identify and test new approaches and generate meaningful results is critical for this role. The scope for this role includes mentoring a team of highly-skilled communicators. It also includes managing agency relationships, large scale budgets and constant monitoring of the industry and competitive media landscape and staying on top of cutting edge consumer PR trends and campaigns. Key requirements include:
- Creative Storyteller: Demonstrated ability to think innovatively, connecting the dots and thinking outside the box. Able to make the leap from information to insight and leverage it to bring a story to life. Able to identify current and future trends ad leverage those insights to develop, nurture, refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Has a Compelling Point of View: An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view while staying open to collaboration listening and integrating different perspectives for successful programming.
- Succinct Communicator: Great writer, talker and storyteller. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions and adapts to fast changing needs and environments.
- Data & Insights: Has genuine interest in research and analysis of current PR trends, measuring ROI to foster new and out of the box thinking.
- Thrive in Cross-Functional Work Environments: Enjoys working with cross-functional teams to advance communications strategy to internal key partners at various levels, ranging from senior management to peer groups.
- Create influence while building trust: Has strong presence and poise with the unique ability to influence, motivate, build consensus, and mobilize teams and business partners.
- Storytelling tools: Strong understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques [i.e., SEO/SEM strategy development]. Leverage these tools to help enhance the PR programming outcomes.
- A smart minimalist: Keeps things simple and easy. Knows and understand that integrated communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent.
- Pace & Flexibility: Efficient time management is critical for success. The ability to enjoy and manage multiple projects at once is a must. Must be able to manage a rapidly changing environment, change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
- Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed: Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Can stay out of the weeds and focus on the big purpose. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels including supporting the corporate communications team. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of public relations experience for a consumer brand
- At least 2-3 years of digital marketing experience with a focus on content development, distribution and analytics
- Strong written / verbal communication skills
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, senior management, giving simplicity to complex subject matters
- Deep understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques and experience leveraging them for executing successful integrated PR campaigns
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results, insights and learnings on a quarterly basis
- Proven ability to manage media interviews for senior executive officers, including national television, radio, global print/broadcast media and all trade publications
- Creative, integrative problem-solving and structured thinking
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills; ability to present plans with confidence and execute flawlessly
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends, especially those that impact internal clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Expert knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology and channels and how to best leverage for communications programs as part of the overall strategy
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, Word Press, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and media measurement and analysis tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top