Senior Cassandra DBA
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Cassandra DBA
As an Enterprise Customer team, we are on a journey to build a centralized customer platform which will service all our channels and provide operational and analytical capabilities. We envision, create, deploy, and maintain critical customer applications by streamlining data across systems, apply state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and beautiful visualizations in the cloud. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do.
- Self-motivated, does not require training or guidance to evaluate new frameworks and easily comes up to speed as self-starter
- Monitor availability and performance of production and development Cassandra clusters
- Install new database releases and related software tools to evaluate in CI environment, eventually promote to production
- Apply software patches and upgrades to server software for Cassandra database to stay in compliance with security standards and performance
- Perform and automate daily database maintenance, user assistance and troubleshooting
- Sound knowledge about hardware (CPU, memory, disk, network, Firewalls etc)
- Continually improve operational processes and procedures
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning, and debugging
- Some NoSQL data modeling experience
- Monitor database backups and maintain automated disaster recovery procedures
- Plan database and server level capacity according to statistics and user requests
- Work through disaster recovery plans with other groups and departments
- Communicate/work effectively in a team environment
- Provide 24x7 on-call production support
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years' experience with database administration
- At least 3 years' experience with Cassandra
- At least 3 years' experience with one of the following database management systems: Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- At least 2 years' experience with Bash, Ruby or Python
- At least 5 years' experience with Linux
- 2+ years' experience with Druid
- 1+ years' experience with Chef and Ansible
- 1+ year experience with Splunk, Nagios, or Zaabix
- 1+ year experience with RHEL or Ubuntu
- 3+ years' experience with C++ or Java
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top