Senior Business Manager- Market Intelligence
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Manager- Market Intelligence
Capital One is a strategy led company. Its Corporate Strategy Group engages on ultra-high impact issues to drive the entire company's performance. Operating as a "firm within the firm," the Strategy Group reports directly to the CEO and co-founder, Rich Fairbank. It focuses on formulating profitable growth and value enhancement strategies, and works within the business to ensure results.
The Market Intelligence team (within Strategy) focuses on competitive intelligence for the broader financial industry. The team oversees the construction and stewardship of proprietary strategic databases. Team members are also expected to function as strategy analysts with deep subject matter expertise on both confidential and syndicated datasets relating to competitive activity.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager to help lead our analysis efforts, including managing relationships with senior leaders and vendors, scoping and managing analysis projects, and driving competitive insights for Capital One business units.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead relationships with key business partners and manage a portfolio of analysis projects
- Advise business partners in identifying high leverage opportunities for market intelligence analyses, informed by line of business and enterprise business strategy
- Lead market intelligence projects including designing research, conducting and managing analysis, presenting results.
- Drive cross-pollination and collaboration with other teams within Strategy group
- Independently scope and manage projects while pushing forward and contributing to group problem-solving
- Design, execute, and manage analysis, leveraging primary & secondary research, quantitative analytics, and other approaches
- Promote the culture and values of Capital One and the Strategy Group
- Assume increasing responsibilities in project and people management situations
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years' experience in Business Analysis or Consulting
- Master's degree
- Fluency with SQL and AWS analysis environments
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top