Senior Business Manager, Digital Strategy
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Manager, Digital Strategy
We are looking for an exceptional and innovative individual to join Capital One's elite Digital Strategy team that is defining and leading the company's transformation into a great information and software company. As a Senior Manager for this ultra-high impact team, you will focus on overall strategy definition, identification and evaluation of new areas for investment, and supporting strategy execution across our enterprise team and lines of business. Areas of emphasis include payments and digital commerce, exploration of emerging technology platforms and trends, and identification of new software business opportunities.
This team thinks strategically about entire industries to identify new sources of value for the company and builds the organizational momentum needed to seize breakout growth trajectories. This position will afford the right candidate extraordinary opportunities to spearhead Capital One's transformation, creating and monetizing new opportunities at the intersection of technology and financial services.
This is a demanding and rewarding strategy role, where you get to work with some of the most forward-leaning and innovative leaders in the industry to define our company's future direction. You need to be a great conceptual thinker and a student of the financial and tech world – constantly seeking to understand ongoing developments and their implications – excel in isolating signal from noise and communicating complex concepts in compelling and actionable ways to senior audiences, and not be afraid to roll your sleeves to understand critical details when needed.
You will have the liberty to define your own path to solutions, focused on results, not process. You will need to be highly proactive and self-driven, yet also be willing to take direction and respond to urgent requests when needed. Your strategic insights will drive tangible change and help lead Capital One through one of the most ambitious transformations in corporate America.
- Drive and support a range of strategic initiatives, partnering with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Identify and evaluate new business models and opportunities at the frontier of emerging technologies and media. Given the extent of our goals, this may include evaluating potential partnerships, alliances, and acquisitions to advance our strategic agenda.
- Package strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise and "executive-ready" presentations.
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment.
- Ensure that our recommendations are driven through to implementation, by providing thought leadership and, when necessary, stepping in to lead execution.
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor and optimize the concrete impact our initiatives are having on key business results.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience at a leading management consulting firm and/or within a top tier corporate strategy / venture capital group.
- Experience with strategy and innovation in technology, telecom, media, and/or financial services; start-up experience a plus.
- Best-in-class analytical capabilities: top-notch quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint).
- High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
If you feel as excited about this opportunity as we do, please do get in touch. We're here to change banking for good, and want the best and most passionate strategists to join lead the revolution!
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 5 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- Master's Degree
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top