Senior Business Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Manager
Commercial Card Strategy and Analytics Leader, Sr. Manager- McLean, VA or Richmond, VA
Commercial Card is an exciting, fast-growing business within the Commercial Bank poised to grow to multiples of its current size over the next few years. A Commercial Card is much more than the typical corporate card used for travel and expense - businesses use our product to pay suppliers using purchasing cards, virtual cards, and e-payables. The business agenda is focused on high growth and a market leading product. We continue to develop our operations and risk functions to scale and enable this growing business.
The Commercial Card Fraud function manages all aspects of fraud risk management across the end to end of the business. In addition, this team ensures that AML/KYC requirements are satisfied with accuracy and consistency.
In the role of the S&A leader, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills towards managing the all aspects of the CML Card Fraud and AML /KYC function. You will focus on managing and developing Fraud defenses and Infrastructure, with ultimate accountability of Fraud impacts on the bottom line. You will oversee intent definition of key Fraud projects, working closely with key internal and external partners on delivery. You will establish and ensure that our processes and systems meet all AML/KYC requirements across the client lifecycle including shaping of processes and practices to meet regulatory requirements. Lastly, you will ensure that the Commercial Card Fraud function is well managed and always audit-ready.
You will do this all in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment where openness, teamwork and a One-team culture are necessarily pervasive both within the Fraud team, and across all of Commercial Card. You will regularly engage with leaders across all functional areas while representing Fraud and will also represent Commercial Card in high visibility external environments.
We are looking for a self-motivated and intellectually curious individual who loves to seek and solve problems. They need to be able to craft and drive the improvement agenda in addition to managing day-to-day operations. The team needs to continue to scale for growth and this individual must be comfortable working - sometimes as a performer - in an entrepreneurial environment, where in some cases solutions need to be developed, at a high energy and pace.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- People Leadership: Lead, manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates to achieve their dreams and do the best work of their lives
- Influence and Partnership: Thought leadership and partnering with teams across the CML Card value chain to ensure that Fraud risks are well understood, and Fraud controls are maintained and adhered to
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong executive communication skills: Strong written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short- and long-term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous Fraud experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of working experience
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
- 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- At least 5 years' work experience in fraud for a financial service, payments or fintech company
- At least 7 years of professional experience, preferably in financial services, payments, fintech, or consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top