Senior Business Manager
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Manager
As a Senior Manager, Business Analysis at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and potentially P&L accountability for a business segment. Strategic planning with a 1-6 month horizon.
- Leadership: May manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct to consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through various channels. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
• At least 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
• At least 1 year of experience in people management
• At least 1 year of experience in project management
• Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
• PMP, CFA, FRM, CPA
• 5+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
• 2+ years of experience in people management
• 2+ years of experience in product development
• 2+ years of experience in financial modeling and economic forecasting
• 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top