Senior Business Banker - Howard County, MD
- Chevy Chase, MD
Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Senior Business Banker - Howard County, MD
Do you have a passion for providing stellar, personalized service to each and every customer you serve? If you want to play a crucial role in meeting the needs of Capital One's customers, then we have the role for you! The Banker role is ideal for those who have an entrepreneurial mindset and the desire to "manage" your own territory with built-in team support. Capital One offers the resources of a large bank with a local family bank feel. In this role, you will cultivate new relationships and maintain strong associations with business clients. You will be responsible for driving sales results, while providing superior onsite services, advice and subject matter expertise to your clientele.
Capital One has a distinct competitive advantage from being a relatively young bank that can move quickly and challenge the status quo. We're creative and innovative, not stuck in a rut from decades of doing things the same old way. Bankers have an extraordinary opportunity to help shape the future of a company that is challenging its competitors and moving strategically toward industry leadership. Our flexibility has positioned us as the challenger in the market, and we are poised for tremendous growth. All of these factors have come together at the perfect time to create an unprecedented opportunity for Bankers to develop untapped business among Capital One customers.
The Banker is a member of a relationship management team that is responsible for building relationships with businesses and/or high net worth individuals within an assigned region/community. The roles responsibility includes managing and cross-selling a client portfolio comprised of treasury management and/or credit clients with a focus on deepening relationships and generating additional revenue from existing clients. In addition to being the primary point of contact and key financial advisor for the client, the Banker is also accountable for developing new business. The Banker develops, markets and administers, demand and time deposits, existing loans and cross sells related banking accounts and services. The Banker should possess the ability to develop relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the clients or prospects company. The Banker should be capable of organizing, leading and negotiating with a team of Bank Associates in order to provide solutions to client issues.
• Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts/customers to maintain and expand business.
• Maintains a regular calling program on customers and prospects in order to generate high quality new deposit and loan business from existing clients in order to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
• Meets with existing customers and prospects through personal calling efforts and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can help provide business solutions to all of their financial needs.
• Assists in planning the portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
• Responsible for expanding their prospect and COI base by consistently networking in the community.
• Responsible for the sale and administration of all banking services to include deposits, loans, investments, trust, etc. to businesses and/or individuals within the assigned region.
• Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Trust, Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine transactions and in solving the special customers.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors products and pricing in the market served.
• Responsible for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in their assigned area.
• Reviews demand deposit profitability analysis and outlines strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable status.
• Evaluates risk and compensating demand deposit balances of each loan in order to properly price loan to meet profitability standards.
• Works with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
• Communicates lending decisions to customer.
• Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing. Controls volume of exceptions.
• Serves as a representative in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
• At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
• 5 years of Business Banking experience
• Formal Credit Training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top