Senior Business Analyst, Technology Strategy
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Analyst, Technology Strategy
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumer, small business and commercial clients. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, and #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We foster a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, can come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Capital One is a leading digital bank, and technology is at the center of everything we do. It powers millions of customer experiences, interactions, and financial transactions every day. We consider ourselves a technology company - not a traditional bank.
The Technology Strategy team is the internal consulting team that supports the CIO and his leadership team in developing strategic technology initiatives that create transformational business change. Some examples of the team's work include driving the Cloud Computing Strategy, Big Data strategy, and annual Enterprise Technology Strategy presented to the Board of Directors. In addition, the team assesses the opportunities and threats of emerging technologies like distributed ledger technology, advanced analytics & machine learning, Internet-of-Things, and next-generation human computer interfaces, like virtual & augmented reality.
As a Senior Analyst on the Technology Strategy team, you will be:
- Building qualitative and quantitative models to assess options, estimate benefits, and identify required investments for implementation
- Building storylines and presentations to socialize strategies and build consensus for transformational change
- Conducting research on emerging technologies, and assessing their impact on Capital One's business
- Developing strategic ideas that leverage technology to solve business problems and enable new opportunities
- Meeting with business and technology leaders to understand business challenges and priorities, and to discuss potential strategic options
- Working with business and technology subject matter experts to structure problems and develop solutions and recommendations
- Curiosity: You ask why, you explore, you want to learn and build deep expertise in technology as well as in business
- Creativity: You come up with unconventional ideas and are comfortable sharing them in larger meetings. You push the boundaries and don't let yourself be constrained by the status quo
- Problem solving: You are comfortable with ambiguity and can create structure where none exists. You have a proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on qualitative and quantitative analytics
- Communication: You can communicate your ideas in a concise and compelling way
- Big picture thinking: You always have the big picture in mind. If required, you can go deep to develop a sound implementation approach
- Technology experience: Previous experience with technology strategy development, architecture, or technology delivery is a plus
- Consulting or strategy development experience: Previous experience in consulting or strategy development is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top