Senior Business Analyst for xCommerce
Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Analyst for xCommerce
Unlike many other banks and financial services competitors, the Business Analyst role at Capital One truly sits at the center of data, product and technology.
As a Senior Business Analyst within Capital One's Digital Commerce team, you'll work closely with senior leaders, technologists and partner teams across the enterprise to develop data driven insights to our business's most pressing issues. By finding and effectively communicating these insights, you'll ensure that our team is building the right experiences, creating tangible business value and pursuing the right opportunities.
The work will cover all our Digital Commerce products including 3rd party wallets eg Apple Pay, other payment tokens with Mastercard & Visa, and other Virtual Card Number solutions, all while engaging with a variety of tech, product and operations teams.
And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility and rewards innovation.
- Business analytics & forecasting: Analyze business performance, investigate variance, frame up risks and opportunities, anticipate future outcomes, make recommendations and influence leadership
- Quality and clarity: Pursue standardization and clarity around how we analyze data, and support improvements in our data infrastructure to be more robust and reliable. Deliver error-free work and crystal clear insights to enable rapid response efforts and efficient decision-making.
- Product measurement: Develop and implement monitoring and measurement strategies for new products. Recommend tagging and tracking strategies to product teams.
- Credit Risk: Support credit risk management requirements through models, hypothesis testing and rigorous monitoring and analysis.
- Marketing & customer experience: Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new products and customer experiences.
- Defining support systems: Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor and optimize the concrete impact our initiatives are having on key business results.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on data analysis and intellectual rigor
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Learning Agility: Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. This includes an eagerness to pick up new skills including SQL, Python, Tableau and Databricks, and to balance scrappy ingenuity with disciplined structure and automation.
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- High motivation and self-direction: take personal ownership for results and professional development.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of experience in SQL, Python, Data Visualization
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top