Senior Business Analyst
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Analyst
Capital One People Strategy & Analytics is a center of excellence within HR. From recruiting & hiring to learning & development, diversity, engagement, employee retention, compensation, etc., our team will be the analytics engine supporting our business clients to build and sustain high performing teams. As a member of our team, you will use data and analytics to build products and derive insights for our internal business customers to make fact-based people- and org-related decisions. This is a new area of focus in Capital One, and as such it is a very exciting time to join this team.
As a Sr. Business Analyst on the Enterprise People Strategy & Analytics Survey team, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to the exciting new field of People Analytics to solve open-ended, complex questions about how we should attract, develop, and retain top talent.
You will team up with world-class professionals and senior leadership to delve into major people management and talent initiatives, such as:
- Using real HR data to better understand and improve associate engagement
- Understanding and predicting associate turnover, and working with business leaders to boost retention
- Simulate & forecast associate outcomes based on commonly occurring events using real, hard data
- Understanding how culture, sense of worth, and effective people leadership shape productivity and performance by using real, hard data about behavior and associate outcomes
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Identify cultural challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve them using analysis to make strategic and tactical recommendations to senior leaders
- Modeling/Analytics: Perform modeling/analytics to predict employee and business outcomes
- Solution Design and Ownership: Leverage emerging technologies to automate existing reporting and make it more insightful. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is a small but high performing team where you will rapidly generate ideas, develop solutions, and see the benefits you have delivered to our customers
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues and senior leaders in HR and the Lines of Business to drive provide insights and drive improvement in associate experience and business results
- Strategic & analytic orientation: Our team will be developing insights that shift the thinking of our company; using your strategic focus, you will get to shift the focus of our company by effectively presenting a balanced and convincing proposal to senior HR leaders
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Able to bring a forward-leaning, yet responsible approach to transforming people management, while acting as a trusted advisor on sensitive and confidential matters pertaining to employee performance, compensation, etc.
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on understanding what our business partners need and how to most effectively meet their short and long term needs
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in qualitative analysis
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in People Analytics
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in SQL & Python
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top