Senior Business Analyst
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Analyst
Capital One People Analytics is a center of excellence within HR. From recruiting & hiring to learning & development, diversity, engagement, employee retention, compensation, etc., our team will be the analytics engine supporting our business clients to build and sustain high performing teams. As a member of our team, you will use data and analytics to build products and derive insights for our internal business customers to make fact-based people- and org-related decisions. This is a new area of focus in Capital One, and as such it is a very exciting time to join this team.
As a Sr. Business Analyst on the Small Business People Analytics team, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to the exciting new field of People Analytics to solve open-ended, complex questions about how we should attract, develop, and retain top talent.
You will team up with world-class professionals and senior leadership to delve into major people management and talent initiatives, such as:
- Using HR data to accelerate and streamline recruiting and selection
- Understanding and predicting associate turnover, and working with business leaders to boost retention
- Understanding how culture, learning, and talent management actions shape productivity and performance by using real, hard data about behavior and associate outcomes
...and you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Connect people data to business performance data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Modeling/Analytics: Perform modeling/analytics to predict employee and business outcomes
- Solution Design and Ownership: Leverage emerging technologies to automate existing reporting and make it more insightful. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is a small but high performing team where you will rapidly generate ideas, develop solutions, and see the benefits you have delivered to our customers
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues and senior leaders in HR and the Lines of Business to drive provide insights and drive improvement in associate experience and business results
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Able to bring a forward-leaning, yet responsible approach to transforming people management, while acting as a trusted advisor on sensitive and confidential matters pertaining to employee performance, compensation, etc.
- Strong communication skills : Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis
• At least 1 year of experience in qualitative analysis
• Master's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in people or workforce analytics
• 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
• 2+ year of experience in product development
• 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
• 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
• 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top