Senior AWS Support Engineer
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior AWS Support Engineer
Who We Are:
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients - and data is at the center of everything we do. Capital One was named one of Fortune's 2017 100 Best Companies to Work For the 11th consecutive year! Come learn more about the great opportunities we have to offer!
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
The Job: Developer/Support Software Engineer
As a Capital One Senior AWS/ Software Engineer, you will provide monitoring support for a large data movement platform at Capital One and assist in efforts to re-host data movement processing to the cloud. This role is interactive in nature, requiring communication with IT partners and our internal technical customers. Project involvement working with project managers, developers, testers, and infrastructure resources is also expected.
We want Engineers whose background includes, monitoring tools: ELK, DataDog; general development tools: Spark, Python; and all AWS focus.
- Engage in end-to-end lifecycle of solutions; from inception, design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support pre-go live services such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain solutions once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability and overall system health; incident triage and management.
- React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing and monitoring to production solutions.
- Evolve solutions by pushing for changes that improve reliability stability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Provide a systematic problem solving approach and a sense of ownership and drive for the team.
- Debugging and optimizing code, complex eco-systems and automating routine tasks.
- Multi-tasker while ensuring priorities are met in a fast-paced environment
- Translate application requirements and support data solutions in AWS
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience using AWS services
- At least 1 year of experience developing automation with ELK stack
- At least 1 year of experience with Monitoring tools: CloudWatch, Splunk, Data Dog, Zabbix, PagerDuty or ELK
- At least 2 year of experience with cloud based computing utilizing AWS
- At least 2 year of experience with one of the following: Java, Python, Perl or Ruby
- At least 3 years' experience of architecture and design infrastructure on AWS
- At least 2 years' of experience with AWS Management Tools as Cloud watch and Cloud Trail
- At least 4 years' experience implementing security on AWS with VPC, IAM, Security Groups, UTM solutions, NACLS etc.), provision infrastructure on AWS and scale applications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top