Senior AWS Cloud Engineer (AWS, Jenkins)
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior AWS Cloud Engineer (AWS, Jenkins)
The Data Persistence team is seeking an SeniorAWS Cloud Engineer (AWS, Jenkins) to join their team in McLean, VA. The data technology operations function drives quality, efficiency, and effectiveness across data organization. The Associate is a core member of the Service Excellence team responsible for a wide-range of functions, as well as implementing changes to new and/or existing processes and procedures. The person in this position will drive enterprise initiatives which needs teamwork & communication skills, attention to detail, proactive thinking and the ability to adapt to change quickly. The right person will also identify opportunities for process improvement via automation.
- Fully understand the data technology operations and enterprise initiatives and drive data teams' compliance with them
- Understand the enterprise wide policies and guidelines and ensure department wide compliance
- Be voice of leadership on complex projects and emerging technologies
- Prepare for, coordinate, and respond to incidents impacting enterprise
- Proactively engage team members and project leads to ensure system changes or enhancements consider audit controls and IT standards before implementation
- Create and disseminate reporting and metrics for her organization
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others
- Point of contact for department for technology operations
- Look for opportunities for process improvements & automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS based services and Open Source technologies
- At least 1 year of experience using one of the following: CloudWatch, Data Dog, Splunk, ELK
- At least 2 years of experience with technology operations optimization in service management, problem management, release management or configuration management
- At least 1 year of experience with DevOps (Tools like Jenkins, GitHub, or Artemis)
- At least 3 years of experience in data product centric organization
- At least 4 years of Financial Services Industry experience
- Knowledge/or experience with Incident management tools (e.g. HPSM, Service Now, etc.)
- Knowledge about Emerging software delivery methodologies (Scrum & Kanban) & technologies
- Ability to influence software development teams to reach desired objectives
- AWS certification
- ITIL certification
- At least 1 year of professional experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with Agile Methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with security & patch management processes
- Experience working in a "you build it, you own it" culture
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top