Senior Automation Test Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Automation Test Engineer
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Are you inspired by leading test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence through a great compensation and benefits package? As a Senior Automation Test Engineer at Capital One, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the industry in developing test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. You will define and maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex, integrated systems.As a Quality Engineering you will have a passion for delivering high quality systems. You will play a critically important role in our software engineering teams. You'll be a part the feature delivery planning process and working directly with the developers in order to deliver innovative, best in class software for our customers You'll also conduct research on emerging technologies to analyze systems, decompose complicated software systems and design some strategies to test them, building advanced and automated test suites to exercise our ground breaking products. You will provide high quality reporting on product readiness and verify proper testing coverage and procedures both independently and collectively in a team environment. Our current toolbox includes Gherkin, Cucumber, Ruby, Java, Espresso and Selenium
- Participate in technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Participate in the analysis of internal user needs and desired results and development of software solutions
- Perform application testing and validation, programming, and documentation
- The engineer's primary responsibility will be to work with the product and engineering teams to ensure that the interfaces of our products are simple and pleasingly usable
- Set and enforce standards for Quality Engineering within the organization
- Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process
- Actively participate in QA process
- Drive innovation through new features.
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of QA Automation Engineering experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Testing Mobile Applications (Native and Hybrid apps)
- At least 5 years of experience in mobile test automation using Cucumber
- 5 years experience in an Automated Quality Testing environment
- 3 years experience in an agile continuous integration environment
- 3 years experience in overseeing testing activity of multiple testers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top