Senior Automation Test Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Automation Test Engineer
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Are you inspired by leading test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence?
As a Senior Automation Test Engineer, at Capital One, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the industry in developing test automation API scenarios. Successful candidates will be an expert on infrastructure components, and will have hands-on experience testing APIs using QA technologies with responsibility for overall functional, integration, and regression of automated software components. You will own end-to-end (define, code and maintain) software components from inception to production and provide technical mentoring to other test engineers.
- Adherence to quality standards in development, testing and business processes
- Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise the testing strategy; aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing
- Writing quality scripts for testing automation and execution, utilizing automated testing tools
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services; Own quality of project/service delivery
- Identifying gaps and implement improvements, which may require deep technical and analytical abilities (ingenuity and creativity)
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure quality of project/service delivery testing
- Actively mentoring QE peers, to develop and elevate the automation skills within the team
- Advocate / Evangelize quality delivery; Presentations across the organization
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of QA Engineering experience
- Master's degree or military experience
- 8+ years of QA Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience developing test automation (frameworks or testing), for functionality, performance, security, regression testing
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban)
- 3+ years of experience with ATDD or CICD technologies (GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, and Nexus)
- 3+ years of experience testing RESTful APIs using Soap UI (Ready API) or Postman
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby and JUnit
- 2+ year of experience in Cucumber and JSON, XML, JIRA, Splunk, AWS, and JMeter
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top