Senior Automation Test Engineer
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Automation Test Engineer
Money has been around for a few thousand years and represents one of the few truly ubiquitous use cases of technology throughout history. Money's last major upgrade was about 40 years ago with the birth of the modern credit card. Here's your chance to disrupt money.
We are looking for a few great technologists who thrive on being at the ground floor of new experiences and innovation. Our team's goal is to develop and ship new classes of consumer products. Products that bring in new customers and provide tremendous value for our existing ones.
Capital One has created a beautiful work environment in Mclean, VA. We have an incredibly cool office that would be the envy of any well funded startup, but we have something more. Something more than snacks and nice desks and a beautiful view. We're changing banking for good. With a drive to make world class products and services for ALL consumers.
As a Automation Test Engineer at Capital One you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the industry in developing test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. You will define and maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex, integrated systems.
- Defines and maintains test system configurations, test data.
- Performs test executions and writes test scripts for complex integrated systems.
- Defines and manages software test environments.
- Establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles. Defines and maintains test standards and quality assurance tasks.
- Implements test processes on projects, writes test plans, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
- Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Know how to create test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Work with the team on release planning.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
- At least 2 years of application testing experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with a programming language.
- At least 1 year of experience with UI Automation.
- 5+ years of application testing experience.
- 5+ years of experience with UI Automation, creating frameworks using Selenium, Appium or other similar tools.
- 3+ years' experience running test suites on web services .
- 3+ years' experience with creating test automation suite .
- 2+ years of experience with ruby, java, and/or python.
- 2+ years of experience writing unit tests.
- 2+ years' experience with automated build and continuous integration systems
- 1+ years of experience with api tools like SOAP UI, Ready API or other similar tools
- Previous experience in startups or similar experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top