Senior Automation Test Engineer
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Automation Test Engineer
Senior Automation Test Engineer position with Capital One Services II LLC in Plano, TX; Multiple positions available:
- Design, develop and execute complex automated software test plans in order to identify and address user problems and their causes.
- Analyze risk identifiers and develop documentation addressing software defect diagnostics and proposed solutions in the areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Design and develop testing processes and direct software application testing, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles and utilizing knowledge of testing for web-based applications, Selenium, LoadRunner, Jenkins, SOAP, Agile, and acceptance test-driven development.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple workstreams.
- Develop and execute test scenarios, scripts, and procedures for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing.
- Review testing documentation, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers and end users.
- Develop software quality engineering procedures and strategies including functional, performance, regression, and roll-back testing scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Oversee quality testing efforts including process design and standards, effort estimation, resource forecasting and fulfillment, and task and risk management, including functional, performance, regression and roll-back testing.
- Serve as knowledge source for the escalation of complex automated testing application design and development issues and participate as an expert in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This position requires a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or software development, quality engineering, or testing. In lieu of a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or software development, quality engineering, or testing, will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in the stated field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as stated. Said or other experience must include at least 6 months of experience in: presentation of complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences; knowledge of testing for web-based applications; Selenium; LoadRunner; Jenkins; SOAP; Agile; and acceptance test-driven development. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company’s assessment.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top