Senior Associate - Technology Audit
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate - Technology Audit
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually , Perform Brilliantly , and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Technology Auditor interested in becoming part of our Corporate Audit Services team. As a member of the IT Audit team, the candidate will focus on audits of reviews of IT processes, applications, and core infrastructure. In addition, the Senior Auditor will work closely with members of the IT, operational, and finance audit teams as it relates to IT's supporting role for key processes. Each audit assignment enables the candidate to demonstrate business, technical and industry knowledge while assessing business risks, identifying key controls, and performing risk-based testing of application and general computer controls. The candidate will work independently, with guidance from Audit management as needed. Career development and growth opportunities exist through our established training programs within the Corporate Audit Services team, as well as in IT and business functions. The candidate will be expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Audit major components of business units. Design and perform appropriate audit procedures to verify the effect given.
- Design and execute internal control testing for operations of varying complexity.
- Perform audit tasks of moderate difficulty, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements. Assist in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Perform variance aspects of engagement administration, including hours and budget tracking.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions and test assumptions.
- You seek to deepen relationships and shared objectives with your business partners to deliver an elevated value proposition and outstanding business results.
- You're a firm believer that data will only make you a better Auditor. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that analytics doesn't scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the development of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience auditing, at least 1 year of experience in accounting, at least 1 year of experience in financial analysis, at least 1 year of experience in risk management, or a combination
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance, Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- 1+ years of experience with IT control frameworks
- 1+ year of experience in banking or 1+ years of experience in financial services industry or 1+ year in a professional services firm serving clients in large banks
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top