Senior Associate, Social Media Brand Strategy – Sports & Sponsorships
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Social Media Brand Strategy – Sports & Sponsorships
Are you a passionate social media marketer with a track record of delivering breakthrough results? Are you a strategic thinker with experience working on a team driving social media marketing for big brands? If you're persuasive, analytically rigorous, highly collaborative, and adept at bringing ideas to life in creative ways, you may be the perfect match for our Senior Associate, Social Media position.
Capital One is seeking a Senior Associate to support our Social Media Strategy in Sports and Sponsorships (sponsorships include College Football, College Basketball, and various entertainment properties). As a key member of our dedicated team, you will work with our internal business partners to effectively align goals and understand the business needs and objectives to drive strategy for our fast-paced social media channels. You will generate ideas and support marketing initiatives intended to impact brand health and drive successful business results for the enterprise. You will be responsible for ensuring that all initiatives align with the overall channel strategy and create an industry-leading customer experience that delivers on brand goals and the overarching objectives of Capital One.
The Senior Associate, Social Media Strategist will help manage strategy for all of Capital One's Sports and Sponsorship social media content, as well as the development process from end-to-end. This includes developing strategic intent for social posts, briefing creative teams, providing strategic guidance and guardrails for paid media support, and working with internal partners, as well as legal teams, to ensure we are publishing a regular cadence of brand-defining content that delivers on Capital One's strategy and brand standards. You'll be a subject matter expert for social strategy and channel best practices for our team.
What you will do…
- Develop content calendar for all pre-planned and real-time social media content across a range of sponsorships (both sports & entertainment focused) for our enterprise social channels in accordance with a content strategy
- Drive insights and learnings that fuel the Sponsorships Team and influences our publishing agenda
- Make strategic recommendations that drive social engagement, impressions, or conversions
- Develop and present creative briefs to collective teams, while providing proper oversight of creative development to ensure marketing assets are on brand, high quality and unassailable
- Develop thoughtful media briefs for our paid social media planners and advise on social advertising strategies and recommendations that best meet the objectives of your lines of business
- Manage input from cross-functional stakeholders (internal & external partners, creative team, legal, compliance, etc.)
- Optimize marketing strategies informed by past results, market changes and consumer insights
What you will bring to the role…
- Experience working with and inspiring creative teams with great strategies, managing agency relationships on both strategic and creative projects, developing paid media strategies for social, and influencing others across a variety of marketing functions
- Expertise across all major social platforms. Including: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Experience developing and executing Paid Media campaigns across several of the major social platforms – preferably for a large consumer brand
- Experience in the Sports, Sponsorship, Event Production, and/or Entertainment industry
- Keen process orientation and ability to work independently to resolve problems, yet with a strategic sense for how and when to effectively manage up
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with flawless execution while adhering to tight timelines, also making sure efforts are meeting the business needs at every touch point
- Proven experience developing creative briefs and working closely with creative and agency teams to ensure we deliver on them successfully
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of marketing communications with a social media focus or at least 2 years of advertising with a social media focus or at least 2 years of public relations work experience with a social media focus
- At least 1 year of experience running paid social campaigns
- At least 4 years of marketing communications or advertising or public relations experience
- At least 2 years of experience in digital and social media marketing
- At least 2 years of experience in a B2C marketing environment
- At least 1 year of experience working in sports or sponsorships
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top