Senior Associate, Product Manager- Machine Experiences
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Product Manager- Machine Experiences
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. When we started just 25 years ago, we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we've grown bigger, we've found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build, and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
The biggest interaction points with our customers are through in-person experiences, both through ATMs and ambassadors in branches & cafes. We use many tools to reinvent how we relate to our customers at that interaction point; data is the linchpin to all those tools. We are looking for a leader to innovate on our real time data streaming/monitoring product on AWS.
Do you live the mantra "Data > Opinion"? Do you want to challenge how we can design a command center for our machines quickly and affectively to preemptively alert of a problem? Do you strive to build good products and then iterate until they are great? Are you the type of person that builds their own computer? Then we want you!
As a Senior Associate focusing on Consumer Bank Machine Experience, you'll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank, solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever-evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of the data products supporting our ATMs, setting the strategy of a dev team, and driving improvements to your KPIs
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with analysts, customers, technologists, data scientists, and fraud experts in building cutting edge solutions and utilize advanced modeling techniques to provide real-time information to staff and customers
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new.
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and how software and hardware can make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and putting the wrong one on hold. Getting big by starting small
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or you hacked a raspberry pi to play old school games.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or led guerilla customer research to really dig into customer problems.
- Engaging. You can communicate complex ideas across partner teams clearly and gain buy-in. Your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You've gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path, NASA]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 1 year of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and core product platforms that power those experiences
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with APIs and /or customer-facing hardware platforms
- At least 1 year of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
- At least 1 year experience in Elasticsearch
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top