Senior Associate Product Manager
- Richmond, VA
Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Associate Product Manager
We're looking for an experienced product manager to drive prioritization and guide design and development teams building software products for our Commercial bank.
At Capital One data is at the core of everything we do, whether that is building the next great financial product or understanding how and where people use credit. We have been relentlessly innovating since our inception. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand that reaches tens of millions of consumers all in one. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers great experiences for our customers. If you are a dreamer, innovator, visionary, and leader, then this is the place for you.
Want to run the engine for the commercial bank? Looking to lead an integrated team using leading-edge technology, human-centered design thinking, and agile methods? Can you apply creative problem-solving skills to solve complex business challenges? If so, you may be the next Product Manager to drive the digital agenda for Capital One Commercial Banking.
Digital Product Owners play a critical role in achieving our strategy. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
In a highly regulated industry, we are optimizing operations by digitally capturing the audit trail from client request through operational execution via the Salesforce.com platform. Our unique organizational positioning allows us to see connections across operational silos and develop technology solutions with scalable business value propositions. In our group, you will be able to learn the commercial bank from end to end and bring to life digital processes that guarantee well managed client outcomes.
What will you do?
- Drive definition of strategy and success metrics for our digital products and be accountable for the full product lifecycle
- Engage with customers and associates across all Commercial lines of business and Enterprise support teams (e.g. Legal, HR, Compliance) to identify optimal data flows and process flows
- Maintain the source-of-truth roadmaps, in conjunction with the Senior Product Manager, and coordinate with different teams to execute (Tech, Data Analysts, Data Transformation, Business Stakeholders, Change Management)
- Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria and success measures - like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility, usability via tools, data grain and frequency - generally reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
- Prioritize work within the pod and follow agile practices (story writing, grooming, planning, change management)
- Support end-user go-live/launch activities as needed (end-user training, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers and engineers to build breakthrough experiences and products that solve our users' most critical needs
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Understanding of how data products solve for analytical and operational use cases
- A bias to action and a proven track record of shipping successful products to market which exceed user expectations
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Structured communication & storytelling skills with all audiences
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top