Senior Associate, Product Manager
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Product Manager
In Conversational AI, we've combined human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to develop, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences with Eno (Capital One's Intelligent Assistant), Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Cortana and more. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether an MVP is more important than perfection? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of Artificial Intelligence and how it can improve people's daily lives? Then we want you! As a Digital Product Manager focusing on Conversational AI Data Services & Capabilities, you'll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers working to hack the ways Eno helps customers with their finances, shifting our mindset on how customers interact with Capital One, solving complex problems with data, and reveling in making significant impacts in an ever-evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Conversational AI team, you'll be:
- Empowered. Own the success and life cycle of Customer Context and Real-Time Data, driving towards improvements to Eno's conversational capabilities
- Innovating relentlessly. Partner with technology teams to blaze the trail towards a modernizing Conversation Context architecture. Reimagine how real-time data models will further enhance Eno as a smarter money mentor
- Empathize. Imagine talking directly with customers; understanding what it is to ask a customer to trust us with their money and derive novel solutions for how we can better help them accomplish their goals. How will you make it impossible to stop talking to Eno?
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, illustrating the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problems, and tabling the wrong ones. Getting big by starting small
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool. You obsess about shipping, or started a company meme that lasted for months
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop
- Wrangler. You've gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Dedication to growing the team (Continuous learning budget, investment in team building, and a career model based on finding the right fit instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole)
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 1 year of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of Consumer Facing Product Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
- Experience with one or more of the following: chatbots, voice interactions, conversational AIs, natural language understanding, machine learning, data services, proactive messaging
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top