Senior Associate Product Manager
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate Product Manager
Capital One is the only founder-led Top 10 bank in the US. We are transforming how people interact with their money through industry-leading credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, car loans, home loans, and other financial products that are central to the way that more than 65 million people live every day.
Are you excited by the challenge of improving how businesses interact with their money? Are you enticed by exploring opportunities to disrupt the B2B data strategies?
The Commercial Bank product team is looking for an exceptional Product Manager to take charge of our external and internal user experiences as we build a new customer web application and replace our source system in the cloud. This role will be responsible for building and managing secure, high performance cloud-based applications to help Capital One's commercial clients manage their escrow deposits. Our team is working to expand our offering to clients across the country in new markets, and the new customer experience will be a driving force in winning new business.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Relentlessly push to understand customer and stakeholder needs and ensure customers and stakeholders are considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Execute on product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, prioritizing, project execution, and product roll-out strategy
- Identify unmet needs and disruption opportunities and guide interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market.
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Manage public releases and customer support materials, ensure compliance with platform requirements and operational requirements
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Proven experience in and passion for building and shipping great products
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two dimensions and understanding of the third.
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytical reasoning
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- An ability to connect how a change to the customer might impact an internal process
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Deep planning skills with the ability to organize thematic work areas in deep detail with long term vision and iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization and external partners.
- Experience working with multiple customer types with varying and unique requirements
- Engineering, design, and/or entrepreneurial experience
- Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Agile Product Management experience
- Industry or hobbyist experience with emerging and leading technologies across disciplines (IoT, Machine Learning, Voice interfaces, etc)
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration
- MBA or Master's degree
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified Developer
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer-facing digital products
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top