Senior Associate Process Manager
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate Process Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
As a senior associate process manager within the RTn (Right Terms/Right Time) Team, you will help to lead process innovation, execution, and monitoring for the "Credit Line Management" or "Account Closure" activities across US Card and Partnership accounts. You will create and modify processes while collaborating with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will educate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders concerning the utilization of process to ensure flawless execution each and every time.
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process professionals who excel in a team environment and are experts in process improvement. This individual will have demonstrated that they can improve company processes in the past, resulting in saving time and resources for the company. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawless execution of process improvement projects.In this position, you will contribute immediately while strengthening your process management best practices.
- Day to day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives; define, establish, and manage process controls; identify process improvement opportunities and implement them through collaboration with other groups such as the Risk office, BRO and management; make final recommendations for approval on changes.
- Collect, analyze and measure process data, to initiate sustainable business practices and procedures and for reporting to senior leadership and executives; review data for trends and gaps in the process that may require additional review.
- Resolve complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes; escalate breakdowns in the process by asking the right questions and identify/ involve the right stakeholders to correct breakdowns.
- Maintain formal process documents (e.g. procedures and diagrams), and document processes and projects (creating project reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams)
- Collaborate on larger initiatives, including representing department on broader change control forums for input and to represent department interests; may challenge forum decisions if project outcome impacts department processes. May participate in cross-functional project teams, including projects driven by other parts of the organization, to provide input, liaise with training, and partner with groups on execution efforts.
- Coach and train junior PM levels on processes, performance targets and goals
- Provide customer service and training to internal customers on specific processes they manage; may deliver presentations, including up to the executive level.
- May direct the work of associates, including performance management, hire and fire responsibilities
- May perform process or parts of the process as needed
- High School Diploma, GED or Military experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- At least two years of experience in Business Process Management or Project Management or Relationship Management or Risk Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project Management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top