Senior Associate, Process Management
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Process Management
The Commercial Analysis and Process Transformation (APT) team provides analytics and process engineering for many Commercial teams. APT is responsible for process excellence across supported Commercial processes, including process design, development, deployment, management practices, and improvement.
We are seeking a top notch Sr. Associate Process Manager to lead process engineering efforts in Commercial's Credit product value chain. This new role will cover end to end credit product processes, with work spanning several parts of the Commercial Credit business and executives as internal business customers.
The body of work includes documenting current state processes, designing and implementing future state processes with assistance across multiple lines of business support.
Key responsibilities in the Commercial Credit product value chain include:
- Developing a coherent destination strategic process structure, with the Credit Underwriting, Closing and Operations teams
- Driving changes in the end to end process both for incremental improvement as well as strategic transformation to the destination process
- Ensuring all processes meet process management standards, including those for critical business processes
- Assessing feasibility and level of effort for process changes required by new products and services and driving implementation when appropriate
- Developing and implementing comprehensive KPI's, with analytics and metrics teams
- Assisting BAU support in establishing a command center and ongoing management routines for segments of the end to end process
- Establishing and managing a consolidated portfolio of improvement efforts and backlog
- Identifying root causes of risk issues and events to drive process improvements mitigating these risks
- Lead the model implementation into the Risk Rating platform and ensure connectivity to other systems and processes.
- Partner with business, IT, external vendors, modelers, model risk officers to scope out, define and approve business requirements for CSCRM initiatives
- Interpret business data needs and understand how financial data is used in all credit risk management processes. Data elements collected must meet the needs of: Underwriting, Credit Risk, and Portfolio Analytics for stress testing, risk rating, and portfolio analysis.
- Provide post release support during release implementations
- Partner with other team members to build knowledge in all credit systems to ensure all platforms are connected and supported.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of process engineering, design, development, and deployment
- At least 1 year of experience with SQL or Python.
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile principles.
- At least 1 year of Commercial Banking experience.
- At least 3 years process engineering, design, development, and deployment
- Consulting or equivalent experience with significant and progressive process engineering engagements
- Knowledge of treasury management and related banking products
- Banking product development or sales experience
- Demonstrated track record of delivering tangible results in matrix organizations in consulting or support roles
- At least 1 year of experience in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- At least 1 year of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms (i.e., SQL)
- At least 3 years of experience in commercial banking, credit risk ratings, credit policy, credit review, and/or portfolio management underwriting with experience in understanding financial risk factors in C & I Lending
- Experience in Project Management methodologies
- Familiarity with Agile process and Gherkin writing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top