Senior Associate, FIG Closing, Bethesda, MD
Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, FIG Closing, Bethesda, MD
Line of Business Overview:
Commercial Operations (CML Ops) is one of the largest divisions in the Commercial Bank, this teams scope is horizontal across the bank and as such it supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By incubating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates an unforgettable and unparalleled experience for our associates and clients. One of the most impactful groups in the CML Ops team is the Loan Operations team.
The Commercial Loan Operations team (CLO) supports a total loan portfolio of $110BN and provides ongoing support for the life of the loan. The organization focuses on delivering scale and efficiency, nailing operational risk, providing a beautiful client experience and enabling talented associates to excel. The team is currently growing and searching for a Loan Operations Booking Associate.
Job Description & Ideal Candidate:
The Associates on the Loan Booking team develop expertise in areas such as loan documentation and review, collateral, loan accounting system functionality, as well as several other key platforms and related tools. Associates in the role must have strong written and verbal communication to support interaction with varying levels of internal and external clients, stakeholders, and partner teams throughout the loan life-cycle. In addition to supporting new loans, amendments and modifications, associates are regularly engaged in process improvement efforts, change management, cross-training. This individual's responsibilities will include:
- Perform high volume, complex monetary and non-monetary transactions on Commercial Loans ensuring service levels are met with respect to timeliness, accuracy, quality and customer service
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects and day to day functions
- Utilize training, judgement, and previous experience to perform complex reconciliations of loan data
- Review, initiate disbursement, prepare wire instructions and book loans and commitments into the loan booking system
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding unique loan transactions and exceptions
- Ability to articulate daily functions in procedural format to maintain strong, effective written procedures for all job functions
- Monitor periodic reporting for workflow coordination, controls monitoring, training opportunities and exceptions management
- Review and approve daily work prepared by Closing Department for posting to the ACBS system
- Communicate with commercial loan system support/vendor(s) as necessary regarding system issues, reports and modifications/enhancements
- Effectively and appropriately communicate problems/issues within the management team to create awareness and transparency
- Provide presentations to team and senior leadership team regarding workflow metrics, issue resolution, project updates, etc.
- Assist in the training of new associates as well as regular cross training of partner teams
- Follow up on post-closing exceptions and receipt of original documents
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Military Experience
- At least 1 year Commercial Bank Operations experience
At least 3 years Commercial Bank Operations experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Advanced Commercial Banking System (ACBS)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite or Google Suite
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top