Senior Associate, Enterprise Services Risk
- McLean, VA
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Enterprise Services Risk
As a Senior Associate in Capital One's Enterprise Services (ES) Risk, you will apply your analytical and delivery skills to our highest profile Risk Management projects. You will partner across Enterprise Services to develop and support cutting-edge Risk solutions in a manner that supports innovation and protects our customers, shareholders, and associates. You will partner with peers and senior leaders, second and third lines of defense, as well as lines of business to drive organizational change in order to better manage the Company's risk in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded.
This position will play a key role in the organization's first line of defense independent controls monitoring and testing program by providing subject matter expertise in providing control build, monitoring/testing, and oversight capabilities. This position will perform independent first line monitoring and testing of first line of business controls to evaluate control design and operating effectiveness, document findings, create reports, and support remediation planning. As part of the first line of defense, you will collaborate closely with associates in the second line functions, third line audit, and broader organization, as well as risk management offices in the various lines of business, to perform and support evaluations of the effectiveness of the company's controls infrastructure, and offer independent advice and recommendations regarding ways to further mature the company's risk management capabilities.
Enterprise Services Risk professionals are experienced, well-trained, and progressive individuals that operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added risk services to our business partners. The candidate will be a highly-motivated Risk Management professional with excellent support, analytical, planning, collaboration, and communication skills.
This role supports the ES Risk's horizontal program governance for Risk Assessments and Controls Management. Specifically, this role will:
- Assist in enhancing and implementing a service model that meets the requirements of the new Enterprise Risk and Controls Standards requirements
- Contribute to developing an effective engagement model with ES' Risk Guides to identify, document, and monitor risks across all ES verticals via Risk Assessments (such as RCSA, PRA, and Scenario Analysis) and other channels
- Assist in developing an effective engagement model between ES Risk Centralized Control Monitoring (CCM) and ES Risk Guides to facilitate identifying controls and implementing monitoring for these controls
- Contribute to enhancing first line Risk Assessment and Controls Management metrics and reporting for ES
- Proactively identify process improvements that will improve Risk Assessment and Controls Management practices
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and other second line partners and Enterprise Services teams to enhance the Risk Assessments framework and to develop and build out the Controls Management framework for ES
- Assist in the development of ongoing change control process
- Participate in Scenario Analysis workshops
- Support innovation through process improvements and automation
- Support ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing and managing controls validation assessments or controls testing functions
- At least 1 year of experience working with internal business customers
- At least 3 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of Controls experience
- At least 3 years of risk assessment experience
- At least 1 year of experience using automated testing tools
- At least 1 year of project management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and to interact and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top