Senior Associate, Customer Advocate
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Customer Advocate
The Card Customer Advocacy Office (CCAO) is accountable for the full life-cycle of the most complex, escalated customer cases across Capital One's US Card Division. The Senior Associate, Customer Advocate will be responsible for ensuring executive and/or regulatory complaints are resolved in a timely manner while providing the highest level of customer service. This role will have the opportunity to work with a variety of teams across Capital One providing legal and compliance consultation to ensure we are meeting regulatory guidelines.
A successful candidate enjoys developing a deep understanding of situations by conducting research and drawing conclusions based on critical thinking, judgment and analysis. This associate likes working cross functionally with both customers and business partners, and can also work autonomously. This role requires great attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. This team will dig deep to solve complex problems while providing the level of customer service that sets Capital One apart.
- Owns, drives and is accountable for full life-cycle of the most complex, escalated cases that hit triggers and require Legal and/or Compliance consultation, while meeting regulatory guidelines. Cases carry a high business, regulatory and/or reputational risk to the company.
- Autonomously manages and owns customer experience and relationship from receipt of complaint through resolution. Develops and drives the optimal outcome for the customer and business, balancing quality and speed. Leverages subject matter expertise from multiple operational areas, tools and resources.
- Researches, analyzes and documents root cause(s) that drove complaint, partnering with business groups, Legal and Compliance. Develops a deep understanding of situation, draws conclusions and uses sound judgment, critical thinking, analysis and problem solving skills to make decisions when resolving customer situations across multiple specialties. Owns outcome with customer.
- Identifies the specific area(s) of potential legal and/or compliance exposure and partners with attorney and/or advisor to propose resolution.
- Owns all complaint-related customer communications verbal and written. Excellent communication skills, judgment and attention to detail are required.
- Has deep understanding of applicable laws and regulations. Meets deadlines, manages all documentation and priorities and helps ensure compliance with all banking and financial policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Leverages critical thinking and expertise to anticipate and identify issues
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 3 years of experience in one of the following areas: compliance, legal or risk
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- Compliance Certifications
- 4+ years of experience working in Compliance, Legal or Risk Office, complaints organization or Financial Services
- 4+ years of experience in written correspondence
- 4+ years of experience in escalations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top