Senior Associate, Card Risk
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Card Risk
Do you want to learn more about the regulations that apply to the US Card business? Are you passionate about leading a team and protecting our customers while building adequate controls? Horizontal Support Team in US Card - Risk Office might be a good fit for you. The ideal candidate will have a broad opportunity and scope to support BAU functions in the horizontal support team that range from managing a team, helping with creating and updating control builds, issue management in PRIME, workflow management etc.
As a member of the team, you will balance your time between leading a team of 5 non-exempts and working on BAU and improvement projects. You will be responsible in ensuring that BAU work is always running and any issues and concerns are appropriately escalated and handled. In addition, as a support team manager, timely delivering results and processes for your business partners will be a key measure of success in this role. You will function as a coach, mentor, support person, and leader for your team. The projects you would work on could be strategies YOU create and drive, or they could be in support of another initiative. You will be asked to maintain formal process documentation including procedures, process flow diagrams and control plans to ensure we are well managed.
- Demonstrate curiosity and aptitude to learn about the current regulatory environment within US Card
- Coordinate work for your team and partners while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead your team and foster an inclusive culture that enables the team to elevate each other
- Proactive approach to find solutions to recurring problems
- Document processes and projects (creating reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams)
- Meeting with key stakeholders or performers to share results and gather requirements
- Actively participate in team oriented efforts
- Manage multiple tasks independently to meet deadlines
- Lead peers and set positive example by adhering to Card Talent Profile standards
- Administrative tasks (responding to e-mails, phone calls, and general inquiries)
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- 2 years of People Management experience
- At least 2 years experience in Process Management or at least 2 years experience in Risk Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience in People Management
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management certification
- Risk Certifications (CRCM, CAMS, CIPP, Risk Management Certification)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top