Senior Application Developer, AWS
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Application Developer, AWS
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
We have various openings that require a broad range of technical skills and experience. Our recruiting process will match you to the right role and level.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Knowledge/Experience in working in Amazon web services environment
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Application development
- At least 2 years experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring, Hibernate or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 2 years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- At least 1 year experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, MySQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Master’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
- 4+ years experience of JAVA, JEE, RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc
- 2+ years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
- 2+ years experience of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- 2+ years experience in Agile practices
- Certified in one of the following: Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top