Senior Administrative Assistant (Admin Assistant III)
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Admin Assistant III)
A great opportunity exists for a detail oriented, innovative, confident, and experienced professional to work with a stellar team in a growing business. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and have the ability to work with other professionals collaboratively, ideally possess flexibility, be able to adapt to constantly changing demands, and demonstrate capability to take on new and unfamiliar tasks. In addition, the ideal candidate will be competent at multi-tasking, have polished written/verbal communication skills, and will frequently find themselves in the center of everything that happens in the office. This position is extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient operation.
You will serve as a strategic partner to the executives; plan and schedule meetings by managing calendars; handle travel arrangements; assist with planning team and department events; create expense reports and disseminate information by using the telephone, e-mail and mail services. There are opportunities for personal and professional fulfillment in a dynamic, technologically-progressive organization.
The Administrative Assistant III will be responsible for the following:
• Arranging meetings by generating and allocating invitations as directed; in addition to reserving meeting rooms. S/he will organize for catering, audio/video, and other essential services as needed.
• Answering incoming calls and provide support as required by taking inclusive messages that allow the executives to respond effectively. S/he will autonomously provide assistance as required.
• Fielding requests and serving as the main point of contact for the executives
• Administering the calendar for the executives by supporting scheduling through assessment of meeting invitations. S/he will also work with managers to resolve scheduling variances.
• Scheduling travel and creating expense reports using Capital One systems.
• Experience with all office landscapes such as scanners, fax machines, copy machines, and multi-line phones.
• Working in a fast-paced environment daily.
• Proactively help prep for meetings: create agendas, print documents, dial in calls, meeting minutes, identify upcoming meetings that will need prep, send documents a day ahead
• Be a thought and execution partner to help drive great business outcomes and Associate engagement
• Serving as a role model for other administrative professionals by maintaining the highest levels of customer service externally, and internally across the entire organization.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and should possess the confidence and poise to work with the leadership team, other administrative professionals and various external stakeholders. S/he will be pro-active, have a strong attention to detail, good team dynamics, and an ability to work independently as needed.
Specific candidate competencies include, but are not limited to:
• Strong judgment, emotional intelligence, and integrity are essential for this position. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable working in a high-energy, collaborative, professional environment with an evolving culture as a result of continuous growth.
• S/he must be transparent in their communications and have the ability to work with highly confidential information.
• Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter, proactive, extremely personable and comfortable working closely with executive management.
• Possesses a high set of moral and ethical principles. Promotes the value of trust throughout an organization. Consistently keeps commitments and follows through. The ability to command respect both inside and outside the organization.
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification, or Military Experience
• Experience in Microsoft Office
• At least 2 years of Administrative experience
- Associates Degree
- 5 years of experience in Administrative experience
- 2 years of experience in Verbal and Written Communications
- 2 years of experience in Multi-tasking
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top