Security Intelligence Center - Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Security Intelligence Center - Manager
Capital One is looking for a Security Intelligence Center (SIC) Manager with network security monitoring experience to join our team in McLean, VA. This position is not traditional management, and will require front line leadership. You will be in the weeds with our tools and investigations, not only assisting our analysts with daily investigations, but also taking time to hunt for active compromise and developing advanced use cases that can be used to detect active or attempted compromise. You will be empowered to identify and drive projects that increase the effectiveness and capability of the SIC. In addition to the technical skills, you will be motivating the team, working with the analysts on their career growth and skills development, and driving team culture. The expectation is that you will apply your expertise by identifying ways to positively impact team performance and encourage and drive innovation, while displaying a customer service attitude to the SIC's partners and those you lead.
- At least 2 years in a people management role
- At least 4 years in a Cybersecurity operations role
- At least 3 years of experience with coordinating and supporting incident handling and remediation
- At least 4 years of experience leveraging core security and infrastructure technologies during investigations like firewall logs, network security tools, malware detonation devices, proxies or IPS/IDS
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing common application and network based attacks
- At least 4 years of experience working with *nix and Windows operating systems
- At least 4 years of experience interpreting, identifying abuse in, routed, routing protocols and application traffic
- At least 3 years of experience with PCAP analysis including extracting files and content from PCAPs.
- At least 3 years identifying gzipped content and base64 detection.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science or military experience
- Certification: SANS, GIAC 503 or 504
- 3 years in a people management role
- 6 years in a Cybersecurity operations role
- 1 year of experience with dynamic malware analysis
- 2 years of experience with configuring security appliances
- 2 years of experience developing SIEM alerts and IPS/IDS signatures
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top