Security Intelligence Center Analyst
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Security Intelligence Center Analyst
Capital One is looking for entry level Information Security Analysts with network security monitoring experience to join our Security Intelligence Center (SIC) in McLean, VA. The Associate level SIC Analyst position will require basic knowledge of network protocols and infrastructure, familiarity with troubleshooting and root cause analysis techniques, and a strong desire and aptitude for self-guided learning and growth. You will be in a rapidly evolving environment, that will bring new challenges and opportunities for growth on a regular basis, and be empowered to develop and explore your unique passions in Cybersecurity Operations.
Your goal is to find the bad guys attempting to attack Capital One infrastructure, and route out and stop any malicious actors who make it past our defenses. You will be responsible for investigations from start to finish, and for initiating your own investigations to locate malicious activity.
- At least 2 years working in a position in the Information Technology or Information Security field in a technical role
- At least 1 year of experience using system, application or network logs to identify the root cause of issues
- At least 1 year of experience interpreting routed, routing protocols and application traffic logs
- At least 1 year of experience researching current threat's and vulnerabilities to Information Technology systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science or military experience
- Certifications: SANS GIAC 503 or 504
- At least 1 years of experience conducting Cybersecurity investigations into network and application activity
- At least 1 year of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- At least 1 year of experience working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts
- At least 1 year of experience leveraging core security and infrastructure technologies during investigations like firewall logs, network security tools, malware detonation devices, proxies or IPS/IDS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top