Scrum Master, Sr. Associate
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Scrum Master, Sr. Associate
In the Senior Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The Scrum Master will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serves as Scrum Master for one or more teams
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
- Helps team pro-actively identify impediments and recommends solutions to remove impediments
- Represents team in daily or Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting and clearly communicates team accomplishments, impediments, and downstream impacts.
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Utilizes team feedback and analyzes data (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and improve team efficiency and delivery
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 Year Agile experience
- Scrum Alliance CSM or PMI's Agile Certified Professional
- Experience as part of an Agile team
- PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scales Agile frameworks)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
Back to top