Scrum Master - Jira
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Scrum Master - Jira
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Life got you feeling a bit slow? Come be agile with us
Capital One - a top 10 US bank is using technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking - needs scrum masters to help drive its Tech College initiative. In this role, you'll use your experience with various flavors of Agile delivery to facilitate solutions in complicated scenarios. You will work side-by-side with product owners and other Agile team members to build our next generation of analytic capabilities
- Drive Agile maturity and Innovation approaches across a Line of Business set of teams
- Coaching teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed) in simple terms
- Drive continuous improvements
- Focusing teams to deliver value quickly
- Fostering a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Coordinating across other Agile teams for dependency management
- Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress against commitments
- Escalating and/or resolving impediments to help your team ship code
Your experience probably includes a few of these, or if not, you're ready to start learning:
- Number of years of experience driving and leading Big Data and AWS Cloud technology projects
- Relevant Agile training and certifications
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience managing projects and/or system integrations that are somewhat complex
- Experience working independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- You enjoy being on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You're not content simply facilitating but instead you regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- You care deeply about those around you and like to use your wit to motivate them
- You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
- Bachelor's degree, or Military experience
- At least 3 year of professional experience working in Agile teams
- At least 2 years of experience using Jira
- Certified Scrum Master
- 1+ years of experience working with Big Data or AWS Cloud Projects
- 2+ years of experience facilitating Agile teams on technology projects
- 2+ years of experience managing projects
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top